BitCanna’s testnet program contains 3 phases: internal, invitational (incentivized) and public.
We’re happy to share that we have successfully concluded the internal testnet, and as a result, we’d like to introduce the next steps.
In the coming weeks, BitCanna will run an invitational incentivized testnet and a public testnet. The public testnet will not be incentivized. The registration for the invitational incentivized testnet is now open!
The primary goal of the public testnet is to have both existing and new BitCanna users get familiar with Cosmos wallets including: setting up the wallet, safely storing the back-up (seed phrase), delegating and un-delegating. More on this later.
In this post, we’d like to announce the invitational (incentivized) testnet. These details are also available at https://testnet.bitcanna.io, where you’ll find additional documentation. At https://testnet.bitcanna.io you can stay up to date with everything testnet related.
Invitational Testnet Details
📝 The incentivized testnet will have 50 seats. Applicants not accepted in the first 50 seats will be added to a waitlist and could be brought in at a later time if there is a need for it or when new spots come available (note: this is no guarantee).
✔️ Applicants will be selected based on:
Testnet experience, especially in Cosmos-based blockchains
Their share in BitCanna
Their ambition to become Validator in the mainnet
💰 Rewards will be distributed in the form of BCNA coins, and will be awarded based on the variety of tasks completed.
KYC / AML (proof of residence, copy of passport, passport selfie)
- The following countries are excluded of earning BCNA rewards for legal reasons (of course, you can still participate): Afghanistan, American Samoa, The Bahamas, Botswana, Combodia, Canada, China, DPRK North-Korea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guam, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Puerto Rico, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, US Virgin Islands, USA and Yemen.
- Minimum 18 years old
VPS or dedicated server
- Linux VPS with 4GB RAM, 2 Cores, 20 GB for Testnet
- Linux VPS with 8GB RAM, 4 cores, 80 GB per year for Mainnet (the more resources, the better)
Tasks and Rewards
- A total of 1.5 million BCNA (~100K) in rewards can be earned in total
- The 1.5 million BCNA will be withdrawn from the BitCanna marketing address
- Each user can earn up to 2500 points by completing all “normal” tasks, and up to an additional 1250 points by winning challenges
- Each point earned for tasks can be exchanged for 8.45 BCNA coins
- Rewards will be included in the genesis file of the new BitCanna Cosmos-powered blockchain (mainnet launch date to be announced)
- Instructions to register your wallet address for the genesis file will be provided after the invitational testnet concludes
Interested? Apply for our invitational testnet!
Head to https://testnet.bitcanna.io/testnet/phase-1-invitational-testnet#getting-started
to get started! Subscription closes at the 19th of May 13:00 UTC.